This thematic section intends to promote active research projects and initiatives devoted to the theory, the methods and applications of Stochastic Programming. It aims at consolidating its activity in core stochastic optimization as well as creating scientific bridges in contiguous scientific contexts, facilitating the growth and international visibility of stochastic programming researchers within Operational Research and Applied Mathematics.
The following SP initiatives characterise the activity of the section:
- dedicated sections and streams of Stochastic Programming in the framework of the annual AIRO (ODS) conferences and of contiguous associations such as AMASES;
- scientific workshops and conferences at International level;
- PhD schools and doctoral programs;
- meetings and exchanges with the industrial companies;
- maintenance of this webpage.
The thematic section presents a report of its activity every year during the ODS conference. Any member of the Italian association of OR interested to this field is welcome to join the section for free. Any Italian or foreign scholar who wishes to join the section and follow the activity of the growing Italian SP community is welcome and should first become a member of the AIRO.
The membership implies to be added to the mailing-list: email@example.com and it is automatically renewed through the annual payment of the AIRO membership fee.
- Stochastic Programming Society
- Euro Working Group in Stochastic Optimization
- SP Conferences
- Stochastic Programming 2013 Symposium — Tutorials